Developing, promoting and delivering awesome learning to employees has some huge benefits:
- Employees get access to resources that help them grow and develop, making them much happier
- Managers are able to help employees to achieve more with the resources they have, making hem more successful
- Organizations benefit from higher performance, lower costs, and new innovation driven by motivated, enlightened employees
- L&D becomes more important, and gets the time and resources it needs to do what it does best
- You, as an L&D professional, become more happy in your role, as you become a more and more significant influence on the success of others
But ‘providing training’ is not enough. If your training isn’t getting the engagement and attendance needed, you won’t get the benefits above.
So you need to avoid letting low training and course attendance diminish the opportunities for employees to develop, and instead explore ways to significantly raise levels of attendance.
You’ll then get additional benefit #6: training costs less when it is well attended (less rescheduling, fewer sessions required, fewer cancelled courses etc).
How do you ensure high attendance on courses at your organization?